Jay Valiyaparambil, DMD, MPH
Dr. Valiyaparambil is an experienced clinician who strives to continually learn and expand his knowledge of dental care and technologies. He earned a Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) degree from the highly ranked University of Connecticut (UCONN) School of Dental Medicine. At UCONN, Dr. Valiyaparambil also acquired an expertise in Dental Radiology and earned a Master of Dental Science in radiology. He then honed his skills in the art of placing implants through a two-year surgical program in implantology at New York University (NYU) College of Dentistry. He also attended a fellowship at the International college of Implantology.
Dr. Valiyaparambil has also recieved a number of awards:
- AAAS/Science Program for Excellence in Science
- AADR/ NIDCR Bloc Travel Grant
- The Howard R. Raper Award, the AAOMR Radiology Centennial Scholarship Award
- AAOMR Albert G. Richards Graduate Student Research Grant
- Leverett Graduate Student Merit Award
Dr. Valiyaparambil also has a number of scientific publications:
- Vitamin D signaling regulates oral keratinocyte proliferation in vitro and in vivo
Feng-Ning F. Yuan, Jayasanker Valiyaparambil, Michael C. Wood,Huy Tran, Rima Pant, John S. Adams and Sanjay M. Mallya Int J Oncology
- Bone quality evaluation: Comparison of CBCT and subjective surgical assessment
Valiyaparambil JV, Yamany I, Ortiz D, Shafer DM, Pendrys D, Freilich MD and Mallya SM. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants.
- Characterization of an optically stimulated dosimeter for dento-maxillofacial dosimetry
Valiyaparambil JV and Mallya. SM Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod.
- Cone beam computed tomography: Effect of field of view and voxel size on diagnostic efficacy to detect erosions of the temporomandibular joint.
Librizzi ZT, Valiyaparambil JV, Lurie AG, and Mallya SM. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop.
- An unusual soft tissue radiopacity—radiographic appearance of a dermal filler.
J Valiyaparambil, K Rengasamy and S Mallya. British Dental Journal.
- A Multilevel analysis of group randomized trials with binary outcomes.
HY Kim, JS Pressier, RG Rozier, and J Valiyaparambil. Community Dent Oral Epidemiol
- A polymeric device for delivery of anti-microbial and anti-fungal drugs in the oral environment: effect of temperature and medium on the rate of drug release.
D.M. Lin. S. Kalachandra, J. Valiyaparambil, and S. Offenbacher. Dental Materials.
Outside of general dentistry, Dr. Valiyaparambil has a passion for public health. He was fortunate to have had the opportunity to explore the application and impact of dental health from a public health perspective. At the Gillings School of Global Public Health located at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC), he earned a Master of Public Health (MPH) degree and a one-year professional training program for dentists who have completed formal academic training in public health.